Monday, November 1, 2010

Open hands




"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."  Martin Luther

This is what I have been learning lately. It is my goal to take ownership over NOTHING. Everything is God's. My family, my house, my car, my money, my clothes, my relationships, my future... are all God's to do with as He pleases, not mine to control or possess. I am learning to hold on to nothing tightly except God. It is amazing what freedom this gives you. It gives me freedom because when I take a look at what God has done, I am continually reminded that God works everything together for good. His plans are far better than mine.

It's interesting because I can feel when I begin to hold on to something too tightly, trying to bring it out of God's control and into mine. I remind myself to release that idea, thought, or thing, and it's God's once again.

One thing I placed in God's hands last spring was my future. And what an adventure God has made for me this year! Highlight of my year so far would be my trip to Italy, with Kristin. It was such a great time for adventure, fun, exploration, and friendship.  Here are a few pictures from our trip.

This here is Cinque Terre, Italy... in the town of Manarola. Such a beautiful area, and the small villages are so charming!!
Our next stop was Florence, Italy, including trips into the Tuscan countryside, & Siena. The city was amazing, so much history and incredible art! Our favorite part was probably our wine tour, though!
Last stop was Venice, Italy. A Disneyland for adults. Literally it is unlike any place in the world and you feel like you are in some sort of a dream/fantasyland... I mean a city with only boats and bridges?? I fell in love with the place. 
Dinner at St. Mark's Square... dueling orchestra's, wine, gelato.... it's magic!
We were quite the adventurers and traveled around with just the bags on our backs, literally! 



Proof in the puddin'... God does work things out for good. I am so thankful.

Yours Truly,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment